AWS announced Amazon EventBridge Pipes at the Keynote Session of re:Invent 2022 and it is Generally Available now.
Amazon EventBridge Pipes
EventBridge Pipes is a new feature of Amazon EventBridge, which can be used to connect event producers and consumers. It provides a consistent, simple and cost-effective way to create point-to-point integration.
Refer to the following blog for the official announcement about Amazon EventBridge Pipes.
Source: The supported services as a source are as follows.
- Amazon SQS
- Amazon Kinesis
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Amazon Managed Streaming Kafka
- self-managed Kafka
- Amazon MQ
Target: The supported services as a target are as follows.
- Amazon SQS
- AWS Step Functions
- Amazon Kinesis Data Streams
- Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose
- Amazon SNS
- Amazon ECS
- Event buses
With Amazon EventBridge Pipes, there is no need to write, manage and scale integration code. You can build integration with enhanced security, reliability and scalability.
Refer to the following blog to get started with Amazon EventBridge Pipes.
Amazon EventBridge Pipes is available in the following regions:
- US East (Ohio and N. Virginia)
- US West (Oregon and N. California)
- Canada (Central)
- Europe (Paris, Stockholm, Ireland, Frankfurt, London, and Milan)
- Asia Pacific (Mumbai, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore, Hong Kong, Osaka, Sydney and Jakarta)
- Middle East (Bahrain and UAE)
- Africa (Cape Town)
- South America (São Paulo)
With EventBridge Pipes, it is easy to integrate supported AWS and self-managed services. And it is generally available in all commercial regions.